Thursday, August 26, 2004

Relativity

Blogging is pretty strange. I mean, its like standing in a public square with a mask on reading your diary aloud.

I kept a journal in my younger years. 'The Book of Infinte Knowledge' I called it. A self mocking title because it certainly wasn't infinite, and looking back pretty short on knowledge as well. I pulled it out not long ago, along with some of my old sketchbooks. Jesus. Did I really write this?? Adolescent pinings for the unattainable? Angst ridden angstiness? (That's not a word, TS! ) Did I draw these horrible things? Demons and wizards? Leather clad skeletal warriors astride pteradactyls, for fuck sake?! (Yes...really.)

At the time, I thought it was pretty cool.

Years from now, I'll probably look back and say "Did I blog this?! Horrible!"

But remember 'cool', like time, is relative. And dependant upon the location of the observer.

In astronomy terms, my earlier work is 'red shifting' away from me at an enormous rate of speed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home