Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I, Anonymous

"Contrary to the conventional wisdom, it's posting song lyrics to your blog that's the last refuge of the incompetent. Happily, we're all feeling our way through this fucking coal mine called reality, and anyone that brags competency is a goddamn liar. Welcome, friend."
-Anonymous


Well. Well! I don't know what to say except...

"Well I been workin’ in a coal mine
Goin’ down down
Workin’ in a coal mine
Whew about to slip down"

Ho ho! I have not yet begun to display my incompetence! ;-)

You do make an excellent point though. The Blogosphere is infested with would be poets whose greatest skill is Copy+Paste=Angst!

But this blog is no fucking "Titanic Weeping Party" with Celine Dion lyrics and searing MIDI squeal.

Music and especially lyrics are integral to my very being. People who know me in the Real World know this about me. Every event, major or minor, in my life I can tie to a song or obscure quote.

Did you know I get a pain in my stomach when I hear "Hallelujah" by Rufus Wainright because that was the first song I listened to after I heard about my friends accident?

Did you know I once broke up with a girl on general principle due to Garth Brooks "Ropin' the Wind"?

Well, of course not, gentle Anonymous reader. Because I haven't told you yet. But without a reference to the music, the events are merely two-dimensional.


"Now, the making of a good compilation tape is a very subtle art. Many do's and don'ts. First of all you're using someone else's poetry to express how you feel.This is a delicate thing."


I guess the same can apply to blogs as well. So I will endevour to give some context to my posts containing lyrics.

As my blog is so new and still bloody from birth, mistakes will be made.

I can promise you there will never be posts on cats, news, politics, or kids on my site while I'm at the helm. Nor crappy MIDI music. Or recipes for soup. Or goddam dancing baby animations.

The coal mine is not impossible to navigate. It just needs a little light.

So I do hope you return and enjoy my scrawls!

But if you don't, well, just click on the little "Next Blog" in the upper right hand corner and read another blog about someones goddam fucking cats, children or rehash of the news.

You have the power...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home