Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Oh, whats in a name?

"But what does Thousand Sons mean?! C'mon, they always tell the main character!"

Well...I actually have one thousand sons. I certainly had a lot of fun making them! They all have paper routes and made me rich! HA HA!

Okay, okay. Not true. Its meaning is two fold:

The short version is I used to play a lot of Warhammer 40k. and always liked the "Thousand Sons" chapter. The concept of undead sorcerors locked forever in their battle arrmor, fighting endlessly appeals to me on some level. Thats how I feel at my job most of the time.

The long winded, intellectual version is from my love of Shakespere.
The Bard had a great quote about the refined qualities of sherry:

A good sherris sack hath a two-fold operation in it. It ascends me into thebrain; dries me there all the foolish and dull and curdy vapours which environ it; makes it apprehensive, quick, forgetive, full of nimble fiery and delectable shapes, which, delivered o'er to the voice, the tongue, which is the birth, becomes excellent wit.

IfI had a thousand sons, the first humane principle I would teach them should be, to forswear thin potations and to addict themselves to sack.
-Falstaff, King Henry IV

Being a bit of an inebriate myself, I would have to agree! *hic*

It's strange though. I've had plenty of nicknames in my life, but this is the one that stuck for some reason. Probably because I didn't really choose it, it chose me. I started posting as 'Thousand Sons' years ago in the Dark Ages of the Internet as an afterthought. Just as a goof really, since none of my other 'nics' seemed appropriate anymore. But now a rather broad spectrum of people around the world know me as Thousand Sons. Moreso than any of my so called 'serious nics'. Thats just Eerie!

As a friend of mine once said "Always be serious about what you create. Even if you do something as a lark or a goof, you might be best known for that one day."

I suppose it could be worse, y'know?

Better than being Bill Chimpfucker.

"Eeeehh. It was only the one time, pretty lady!"


2 Comments:

Blogger Thousand Sons said...

Si.

I mean...oui.

9/01/2004 9:58 AM  
Blogger Thousand Sons said...

Dang!

Thank Zod for the Babelfish in my ear!

LOL, by the way RW!

9/02/2004 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home