Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Bloggin'

From Ye Olde Barbaric Blog (pen & paper):
I recently had a friend ask me about what to post in their blog.

All I have to say is: Write whatever you feel. No matter what. Seriously.

Dont ever be afraid of what you have to say or be afraid of what someone might think.

You have to be absolutely fearless in your writing, otherwise whats the point?

If you hold back out of fear then you aren't being true to yourself or to your reader.

Let it all out. Dont hold back.

Fucking go for it! Lifes too short.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thousand Sons said...

Doubts? Oy, you think you have doubts? Such doubts I have about myself, I can not even tell you! :)

I'm very self conscious about myself. Almost like a sixth sense. I like my little blog, but I was nervous about letting people I know in Real Life know about it. I was afraid that people might start judging me and that made me self-censor myself. Or that someone might click on one of my other friends blogs and say "I dont like what they have to say, so I dont like you either."

Fortunately someone near and dear to me told me "Dont ever think you have to change your stuff because I'm reading it." That was marvelous! It changed my whole perspective.

I know not everyone will like what I write, or might get offended, but you know what? Fuck it. I've spent plenty of years trying to fit into other peoples ideas of me. Maybe some fit better than others, but it still wasn't me. This is me. This is just about as unfiltered as I get.

So dont let it get you down, Senorita Zorkita. Stick to your guns and fucking go for it! At the end of it all I want to be able to say: I fought and loved and drank and smoked and fucked and I fucking created something! With these two hands and my mind I made something that I cared about other people do too! Too many people go through this life without having the bravery to do that.

Be brave, Miss Z! Do it for yourself.

10/08/2004 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home