Sunday, June 25, 2006

Mission Statement

In other completely unrelated news, I'm on Day 4 of zero cigarettes, cold turkey. I was up to about 1/2 pack a day, truly unheard of for me. I already feel a difference. I'm sleeping better and have more energy, but I would gleefully extract someones soul from its fleshy confines if I thought it contained naught but a nanogram of sweet, sweet nicotine.

I had a definining realization the other day. I am a stubborn old Taurus, I dont like it when other people try to control me. I get very angry when people try to screw with my life, change me, or tell me what to do. I realized I need to apply that to other things too. I define who I am and what I do. Not food, not cigarettes, not women, not sugar, nor any of the other bad influences in my life. I will not allow them to control me and my life anymore.

I'm taking charge, so heaven help the world at large!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job! I'm glad to know that you're giving up the smoking. I'll be pulling for you to stick with it.

The soul extraction business did freak me out a little bit though :o)

6/27/2006 10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news, TS, keep going.
I quit the same way and it's been 3 1/2 years.
It's all good from here on in!

6/29/2006 4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello! i found your jounral when i was searching for the lyrics from "jurassic bark." slightly off-topic: i don't know if you've already heard this, but it was recently confirmed that comedy central would be airing new episodes of "futurama" in 2008. don't know exactly when, though.

have you ever tried chewing gum instead? i've heard it helps.

-madeline

7/13/2006 7:10 PM  
Blogger Thousand Sons said...

Madeline,

Welcome! Thanks for posting!

I did hear that Futurama would be back! And its for real this time, not some cruel internet hoax! :D

As for chewing gum, bah! Souls are much more delicious! Okay, just kidding. You know strangely enough I haven't really missed smoking that much now. I was never a hard core smoker for years on end, and I'm sure that helps a lot. Once you're passed the first two weeks it get easier.

7/13/2006 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home