Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Back again...

It's me again, your lackadaisical scribe.

I truly don't know how people do this every single day, let alone get paid for it.

James Lileks puts out a Bleat every day! Each one is a magnificent gem, handpolished to perfection.

I feel like I'm throwin' some old rocks at y'all.

Inspiration is fickle. It strikes me once in a while then flitters off to points unknown.

I'd hate to do a crappy laundry list rundown every day of my boring little life.

'Dear Blog: Went to the store today for lunch. They didnt have the chicken salad I like, so I went to Taco Time instead. The girl forgot to give me my sour cream.'

Feh!

This is a quality blog! Quality does not equal quantity!

Perhaps it would be better rendered thusly:

'I went out to procure my daily victuals! The merchantman did not have the hearty fare I so craved, so I journeyed to the purveyor of Tacos! But, horrors! The foolish maiden of tacos did not give me my condiment of choice! "Brash strumpet," I cried shaking my fist! "Give me the sour cream I requested, lest my cane find your backside!" Not wanting to further provoke the Ire or Blazing Fury, she did acquiesce to my demands!
Victory is mine!'



There. Thats better. But now I want a taco, dammit.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!

For a lackadaisical scribe, you sure have a way with words.

:-)

~ zorkie

(I'm dropping the rightwatch. It's so not me. I'm using my real name from now on ;-)

10/19/2004 4:48 PM  
Blogger Thousand Sons said...

Glad to hear it Zorkita!

10/19/2004 9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO why is it a girl one time and a merchantman the next? why is 'girl' in the poorly constructed blog and 'merchantMAN' in the well constructed one... couldn't you just use the asexual term 'merchant' why does 'man' denote better? are you saying that girls (and by the way I dobt that she was a girl... maybe a young woman.... but would you say that there was a boy behind the counter or a guy? the terms denote different things...

Think about it,
your friend the feminist in California.... by the way when am I going to see you to chat?

10/21/2004 6:48 PM  
Blogger Thousand Sons said...

Methinks someone was reading too much into it without actually *reading*. Obviously 'merchantman' doesnt equal *better* as he did not have the hearty fare I craved! And yes, it was a girl. Anyone of high school age is *not* a woman in my book.

But for the benefit of my readers from the People Republic of California, I will attempt to render said tale in a asexual, politically correct manner.

"This XY Chromosome being journeyed forth to procure organically grown vegetables from the local grocer. But to my chagrin they did not have any. This XY Chromosome being then went to obtain a vegetarian taco (with no animal byproducts) from Taco Time. But, most unfortunate! The XX Chromosome being did not place the non dairy sour cream requested in the bag. This XY Chromosome being approached in a most gentle and non threatening manner and humbly asked the XX Chromosome Being to give the sour cream requested. The request was granted."

Ahhh, gotta love Newspeak. Its like a great weight of man hatred was purged from my soul. Cause, you know, men are *bad* and stuff. Double plus ungood!!

Hows *that* fine writing, sweetcheeks? Damn, now I feel like having *two* tacos! Maybe with bacon....or veal. Oh, and fuck the sour cream. I didnt want it anyway...

10/22/2004 9:10 PM  
Blogger Thousand Sons said...

Shit, I forgot its Friday again! Arrrrrrrr me hearties!! Batten down the hatches and all that!

10/22/2004 9:42 PM  
Blogger Thousand Sons said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/22/2004 9:42 PM  
Blogger Thousand Sons said...

^^^
Post deleted because it was from the Department of Redundancy Department. :)

10/22/2004 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home