Saturday, January 15, 2005

Found!

*UPDATE*

My bulletin board showed up!

Apparently I never packed it at all, it was still hanging up in my old apartment. The current tenant was nice enough to hold on to it for me. I went and picked it up last night.

All I can say is ....whew!

This whole episode has filled me with a new resolution though. I'm going to clear my board, for the first time in decades. I'm going to put all my knick knacks on it away, to keep them safe. This is a new year and a new life! It's time for something new and wonderful. I'm going to create a new board, one that reflects who I am now, not who I was.

I once read that if you throw away things that are magical or precious to you, you will become a beggar for magic ever after. Always trying to recapture it. Thats why I'm a bit of a pack rat.

But I realize something now...magic, and more importantly love are not in things.

They are inside of us.

Every one of us.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You got it back Thousand Sons! I had a feeling you might...you are right, we can always get a new espresso machine, etc., but can NEVER replace those wonderful cards, pictures, newspaper articles or whatever, that mean so much to us. I'm so happy for you!
from floranista

1/15/2005 1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! btw, I love Nick Drake.

I saw your Warren Ellis link. Have you read Orbiter (by Ellis & Colleen Doran)? (And if so would you recommend it) I've been thinking about getting it. I used to be a fan of Doran. She's from my hometown, and I met her a couple of times, including at a media workshop. Great artist, sweet personality, in the comics biz, and, of course, hot! What more could a boy want?
-Jefe

1/21/2005 11:03 AM  
Blogger Thousand Sons said...

I've never read Orbiter, but I love pretty much anything Ellis does. I loved Planetary and of course Transmetropolitan.

"You're dangerous with a phone. Remember what you did when you were alone with a phone in Prague? Remember how many people died?"

1/26/2005 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home