Thursday, January 20, 2005

The Spring Wind

"I remember days like this
when my father took me into the forest.
We ate wild blueberries.
More than twenty years ago.
I was just a boy of four or five.
The leaves were so dark and green then!
The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind. "

"Almost twenty years of pitiless combat!
No rest! No sleep like other men!
Ahh...and yet the spring wind blows, Subotai.
Have you ever felt such a wind?"

"They blow where I live too...in the North of every mans heart. "

"It's never too late Subotai... "

"No. It would only lead me back here another day...in even worse company!"

"For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm...

-from 'Conan the Barbarian'

3 Comments:

Blogger Thousand Sons said...

Heh.

I found this in a fortune cookie today:

'Keep on charging the enemy so long as there is life.'

I think someone is trying to tell me something...

1/28/2005 6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Thousand Sons...IT'S FEBRUARY! When do we get something new to read?
LOL!floranista

2/02/2005 12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello? anybody home? mr salmon?

hi...hello...

uh...got any posts you wanna get off your fishy chest?

2/04/2005 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home