Monday, February 07, 2005

Con

Last weekend was the Emerald City Comic Con!

Lotsa fun. I love people watching at any 'con and this one was no exception.
Jhonen Vasquez of 'Invader Zim' and 'Johnny the Homicidal Maniac' was in attendence this year. This brought out the dark legions of the Seattle goth community in all their glory.

I like the fact that online comics have a prescence at cons now too.
I met Tycho and Gabe of Penny Arcade fame, as well as Scott Kurtz of PVP.
Great guys. Didnt want an autograph or anything, just a handshake and a friendly word.
I was a cartoonist myself in a past life and I wish them the best.

They also had a comic trivia contest where folks from the audience went up an answered questions for prizes. My question was "This movie actor accidentally took a trip to Mars in a comic book and had to be rescued by Superman. Who was the actor?"

...the briefest of pauses...

"That would be Orson Welles, my good man!"

Dont ask me how I know that, I just do.

Its frightening the amount of trivia I know...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon K said...

Hi... just found your blog with the mention of the ECCC trivia contest, which I was the MC of... I'd heard there had been some buzz post-con about the contest, but this is the first one I've seen!

Next year, keep an eye open for me and introduce yourself, okay? And yes, there will definitely be another contest at the 2006 convention!

4/26/2005 10:19 AM  
Blogger Thousand Sons said...

Thank you very much for hosting the contest! It was a blast.
I'll most certainly check it out next year too! Trivia is one of my passions. But trivia and comics? A match made in heaven! :)

4/26/2005 11:18 AM  
Blogger jinnderella said...

The man in black sees all, knows all. ;)

4/26/2005 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home